Adult Plus One
Terms And Conditions
Join the YMCA of Portsmouth online from the convenience of your home and begin your healthy lifestyle today! The online joining registration should take about 3-5 minutes. Review the following membership information and agreements, before entering the online registration system.
Please review the following terms and conditions before proceeding.
Personal Information Security
The YMCA of Portsmouth is committed to providing the highest level of security to members. Online registration is a secure process and we will never share your information with anyone outside of the YMCA of Portsmouth.
YMCA membership is a continuous membership plan. I understand that this membership will remain in effect until I give 30-days written notice to change or cancel membership. If you are not satisfied with the quality of our services, please contact the Membership Director. Membership fees will not be refunded for non-usage. Membership cards are the property of the YMCA and must be surrendered upon request.
It is my complete understanding that if I wish to terminate my membership or change my membership in any way, I must give the YMCA a 30-day written notice.
All membership rates are subject to change with a 30-day written notice. I understand it is my responsibility to notify the YMCA of any change in address, bank account information (if utilizing bank draft for payment of dues) or credit card information/expiration date (if utilizing credit card payment for payment of dues).
The joining fee is a one-time fee as long as you remain an active member of the YMCA of Portsmouth. If you choose to cancel or discontinue your membership for more than 30 days, a joining fee will be changed when you reapply for membership.
I acknowledge the waiver and membership agreement and hereby apply for membership.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration for being permitted to utilize the facilities, services and programs of the YMCA for any purpose, including but not limited to observation or use of facilities or equipment, or participation in any program affiliated with the YMCA without respect to location, the undersigned, for himself or herself and any personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin hereby acknowledges, agrees and represents that he or she has, or immediately upon entering or participation will, inspect and carefully consider such premises, facilities and affiliated program(s). It is further warranted that such entry into the YMCA or its programs for observation, or use of any facilities or equipment, or participation in such affiliated program(s) without respect to location, constitutes an acknowledgement that such premises, facilities and equipment there on, and other such affiliated programs have been inspected and carefully considered, and that the undersigned finds and accepts the same as being safe and reasonably suited for the purpose of such observation, use , or participation.
IN FURTHER CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO ENTER THE YMCA FOR ANY PURPOSE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, OBSERVATIONS OR USE OF FACILITIES OR EQUIPMENT, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROGRAM AFFILIATED WITH THE YMCA WITHOUT RESPECT TO LOCATION, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT SUE THE YMCA, its directors, officers, employees, and agents (hereinafter referred to as “releasees”) from all liability to the undersigned, his personal representatives, assignees, heirs, and next of kin for any loss or damage and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting death of the undersigned, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise while the undersigned is in, upon, or about the premises or facilities or equipment therein, or participating in any program affiliated with the YMCA, without respect to location.
2. THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage or cost that may incur due to the presence of the undersigned in, upon, or about the YMCA premises or in any way observing or using any facilities or equipment of the YMCA or participating in any program affiliated with the YMCA whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
3. THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE while in about or upon the premises of the YMCA and/or while using the premises or any facilities or equipment thereon, or participation in any program affiliated with the YMCA.
4. I, or on behalf of the program participant (if under the age of 18), hereby give the YMCA the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, re-use, publish and re-publish photographs taken of me arising out of participation in YMCA programs in any medium for any purpose. I hereby release and discharge the YMCA from any and all claims arising out of or in connection to with the use of the photographs, including all claims for libel.
THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing RELEASE, WAIVER AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Virginia and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agree that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue tin full legal force and effect.
THE UNDERSIGNED HAS READ, UNDERSTANDS, AND VOLUNTARILY SIGNS THE RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, and further agrees that no oral representations, statements, or inducements apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER (EFT) OR CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION
I authorize my bank to honor preauthorized Electronic Funds Transfer (or credit card institution) drawn by the YMCA of Portsmouth on my account for (membership/program/contribution) payments as indicated below. When the bank honors the EFT (or credit card) by charging my account, such transfer shall constitute notice of payment due and my receipt for the payment. Should any preauthorized EFT (or credit card) not be honored by said bank when received by them, then it is understood that the YMCA of Portsmouth, at its discretion, may draft my account for the current and past due amount plus service charge unless amount owed plus service charge is paid before next draft.
By clicking the “Join Online Now!” link you agree to and accept the above terms and conditions.
Annual Memberships are paid in full, non-refundable, and expire one year from the date the membership was taken out.
Bank Draft Memberships are continuous monthly memberships that are automatically withdrawn from a checking, savings, or credit card account. There are no long term contracts for Bank Draft Memberships. To terminate the automatic bank draft, the member must give a 30-day written notice and turn in all membership cards.
Additional Adults in the household may be added to the Family membership for a $15 fee per month per adult. Proof of address is required.
Joiner’s Fee is a non-refundable payment paid by all new members at the time of joining. This is a one-time payment as long as a membership stays current.
The YMCA of Portsmouth welcomes all who wish to participate and annually raises scholarship funds through our Strong Kids Campaign to help make that possible. Please let us know if we may serve you or your family through our Open to All Program.
Credit & Refund Policy
- If the YMCA has to cancel a class, you will be given a full refund or credit.
- If you cancel at anytime after we’ve held a place for you in a program, we will give you a credit (good for six months) to be applied to another YMCA program or we will give you a pro-rated refund, deducting for course time plus processing.
- No refunds or credits can be given after the second class.
- Credits are non-transferable.
- Participation in all programs requires advance registration.
- All programs have enrollment limits and will fill on a first come, first served basis. Early registration is encouraged.
- Participants may register in person at the YMCA. MasterCard, American Express, VISA or Discover Card accepted.
- YMCA programs are open to all persons regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, handicap or ability to pay. Participants regardless of age must be a current Portsmouth YMCA member to receive member prices. Membership card required at registration.